Monday 20 February 2012

Being FAT and FINE

Since my childhood, I've always had issues with my weight. I was one of the fattest girls in the class and was often the laughing stock of the class. Teenage years passed by with futile attempts to lose the extra kilos....apart from dieting I tried everything...exercising, dragging myself out of bed everyday for my morning walks, cycling everyday to school, paper cutting newspaper clips that mentioned anything about being slim, reducing weight blah, blah....but throughout school and college my reputation remained untarnished.

It seemed like everybody was amused on my being fat. Names like "Fatso", "Potato", "Pumpkin", "Drum", "Banana" and "Humpty-Dumpty" followed wherever I went.....but wait...Isn't Humpty-Dumpty the cute guy with the big head in comics? Why did they called me Humpty-Dumpty? My head is not big like his...I should have pointed out for them. I guess for them all round things implied fat.

No, No and yet another NO
Well, dieting has never been on my things-to-do list. I love eating and relish food. Seriously, the mentality of skinny girls exerting control on eating has always remained a mystery for me. They say its ANOREXIA NERVOSA...that's when they are actually thin and they think they are fat. I guess in my case it's the opposite, even if I am half a dozen kilo overweight I've always considered myself to be slim and pretty...may be this is also some psychological condition....I'll call it....VALEXIA TINOSA after my name.I am lucky coz my best frens follow the same principle and are real foodies. We love hanging out with guys who have the same opinion... who love eating. My fren once dumped a guy coz he told her that she's a voracious eater. May be he likes girls who are finicky eaters...certainly not our type. Inspite of the meagre monthly allowances, we always spare some to dine in our favourite restaurants and spice up our taste buds.

Of course, my heart pains when my favourite pair of jeans betray me or when that new dress threatens to tear away when I force myself in..not to mention the jealousy in my heart when I see young girls sporting that perfect figure and adorning themselves with the best designer dresses....but definitely these are not worth starving for and not torturing myself for sure. I rather eat lots and work out even more.

I read somewhere that a woman sheds those extra kilos somewhere in her early 20s...and I guess the miracle happened with me as well. Apart from the regular sessions of sweating which I immensely enjoy in the Badminton court there is nothing to which I can consider as a work-out regime. Perhaps this is the only reason why I lost that baby fat. May be another reason is that I love running in the evenings especially when I am stressed or hitting low....and when I am sad, I prefer sweating it away in the court.

So, if you're reading this and relating to yourself know that every girl has all the right in the world to feel beautiful and beauty is not judged by mere appearances and certainly not by how much she weighs. Its what lies inside her, her aura that she exhibits and her personality. And I know YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

As for me I am definitely FAT but I am FINE, thank you!! :)


8 comments:

  1. lolz.. very inspiring! i love food too much to bother about my fatness too. but i need to work out more.. more sweat more food no.. hehe..

    ANOREXIA NERVOSA...totally loved it! lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u....yeah, eat more, work out even more!! We deserve it hehehe....

      Delete
  2. If you care what other people think, you have to write 100s of such articles to make yourself realize the reality of yours.. :) SO do what your heart wishes.... eat as much as you want.. work as much as you want.. though there are some foods which are very tasty but act like poison to health.. Be healthy and happy.. Don't be fatty and sad.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying healthy and happy....certainly not staying hungry and foolish......lol :P

      Delete
  3. VALEXIA TINOSA..?? Oucch !!

    As a child i remember my friends calling me Bhim because i was the fittest one ( Sounds better than fat isn't ? )and whenever one of them call me by that name..i would pound them with my "Dhai kilo ka haath " !!
    I was conscious of how i look..later in my high school days..thats when i started watching my diet !! My theatrical mom thought i have met with some spirit coz i started saying no to kheer which was one of my fav.

    And now all i care about is adding a few kg..BMI says i am thin.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.....u must have come real strong with ur "Dhai kilo ka haath" lol
      I guess appetite decreases as one gets conscious of our health and how we look. The bottomline...do anything...just stay FIT!!

      Delete
  4. Haha dis is a cute n hilarious piece..n i cn relate to dis feeling of love of food and also having to worry abt those extra fats u have to live with as a result!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stela...I guess a lot of girls have endured the same...but just cant keep my hands off from food so its better we sweat those extra calories away!!
      Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :):)