Wednesday 29 February 2012

It's a LEAP year

So 2012 is a leap year and today i.e 29th Feb comes after every 4 years. May be this is one of the reason why its considered special. My geography high school teacher had explained us about leap years. I remember it has something to do with the spinning of the earth, something about revolving around the sun, 6 hours increased every year for 4 years consequently making 24 hours which is added in the month of Feb...God know why?

As for me, being a romantic fool that I am, I love February and November. I have my own reasons. February being the most romantic month and we have a special extra day after every 4 years and November coz I was born on a lucky November morning. :)

Leap year have always rung a bell for me ever since I read a story during my childhood about a young girl who confessed her love on a leap year. Isn't that just sweet? My friends laugh at me for all my weird beliefs  and crazy stunts but I find no harm in them if it means walking that extra mile just to make someone feel special.

So the whole point of a leap year is that its a day when guys can be at the receiving end and girls can confess their feelings without a doubt...of course it can be done on other days as well, but isn't it just cute that we have a special day and perhaps just another reason to fall in love again.

So shifting my  paradigm from girls to guys, I wonder how a totally macho guy feel when a sweet girl innocently confesses her love to him...or may be if she just sent him flowers with a simple note. I've always rationalized relationships from a girl's point of view but recently one of my guy friends told me that guys feel as much love, shame, hurt and pain in relationships as a girl feels. No wonder I've seen guys blinking away tears when they saw their gal going out of her way and doing her bit. I wonder how many lucky man experienced this feeling today. Its all about making someone feel special coz of you and even if today is just another day, I feel if it means making someone happy and blessed whats the big deal even if we are so hyped up over a mere change of date.

As always, I am saying it again...."Its always a great feeling to know that somebody likes you". Wish you a very HAPPY LEAP YEAR and a life filled with love and happiness :)

6 comments:

  1. i was searching for Hugh Jackman's number so that i can propose him yesterday.. hehe.

    I totally encouraged my friends to go share their feelings but girls are so shy.. what a waste no? :D Happy Leap Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha.....i would have settled for Bradley Cooper!! Seriously, what a waste....now we've to wait for another 4 years!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I was expecting Amber heard to call me. Dear Amber you didn't and just like the ladies above you wasted it..But i am a patient lot..will wait for it to happen next 4 years..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah.....thats an ambitious one but good luck!! :P

      Delete
  3. I tried proposing too but I spoilt it.....Ha3...need to wait again for another 4 years...!!! Hard luck....;)Ur die hard romantic fans outa here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait is long and hard but its worth the wait..hehehe....gud luck next time!! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :):)